At Warehouse Twenty One, (or just W21, we’re not that formal) our clients are more than just our clients; they’re our collaborators, our creative partners, our driving force, and our friends. So working with them to deliver amazing work that tells the market what they do and who they are is pretty much at the core of who we are.
The primary responsibility of the Account Strategist (AS) is to develop strong brand and marketing strategies for their clients. The AS is responsible for setting annual strategies for their clients, managing their clients’ campaign strategy and profitability, annual and campaign-specific goal setting, understanding their clients’ business at a deep level, as well as manage the consistent execution of these strategies throughout their clients’ campaigns and initiatives. Ultimately, the AS will ensure that clients’ brand message and tone are consistent across all online and offline channels.
The AS will partner closely with the W21 project managers, who are the primary day to day point of contact for our clients. The AS will understand what is going on with their clients at all times and be responsible for maintaining relationships with clients and being present in a variety of client and internal meetings to represent that client’s business strategy.
The AS communicates regularly with their clients about high-level topics, including annual marketing plan strategies and budgets, campaign strategy, ongoing data and goal reporting, negotiations, and conflict management. The AS must be a good reader of people, readers of the room, facilitators of complex or hard conversations, and have a mind for business and brand strategy.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or business
- Responsible for well-defined and executed brand strategies specific to their clients’ business and competitive environments
- Maintains specific knowledge of client’s business, industry/segment, product/service offerings, key audiences and markets, and so on
- Manages overall client ROI in annual planning and ongoing throughout the year
- Ensures that all marketing and communications assets meet client brand standards
- Support creative and planning teams with development of brand and product names
- Develop positioning strategy recommendations and defines brand elements and tone
- Guides market research analysis and stays up to date on current market data and trends
- Gathers feedback from sales and other sources of external or internal (client) data to help define positioning for brands and campaigns
- Ensures a consistent and effective brand message for clients
- Reputation management for clients
- Strategy, management, and oversight of all corporate communications channels for clients, including social media, email marketing, website, blog, and public relations
Annual Marketing Plan Strategy
- Collaborates with Account Strategy Director (ASD), client, and internal teams to help set annual marketing goals for clients
- Supports ASD with client discovery, research, strategic planning, budgeting, timelines, and ultimately defining annual marketing strategies for clients
- Research, strategy, development, and pitch of campaign creative briefs to internal team
- Serves as the internal client representative and brand strategist for all projects and campaigns that we create for our clients
- Monitors overall strategic element quality and correctness; Ensures creative concepts, media plans, asset plans, and other client pitches align with creative brief and overall campaign goals, strategies, and client expectations
- Defends agency campaign work to clients and helps to facilitate client understanding of strategies/creative/approach
- Assists in preparation of and participate in brand and campaign discovery sessions with clients
- Client communication, when needed, in support of the project management team
- Facilitates hard conversations or negotiations with clients, as well as client feedback for the internal teams, while also ensuring that all clients get to engage with key members of the W21 team for things such as client pitches, client feedback, and discussion of key strategies
- Relationship building with clients, at all levels within that client account (day to day marketing manager all the way up to C-suite executives)
Research, Reporting, & Goal Setting
- Translates research insights into brand, marketing, and communications strategies that align with the client’s business objectives
- Demonstrates an awareness of business intelligence as it pertains to specific clients, including technologies, applications and practices for the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information
- Partners with ASD and Planning Director to set campaign goals throughout the year, as well as in reviewing data and reporting and providing insights
- Assists in identifying research needs and executes research, as needed, for annual and campaign needs
- Assists in developing insights using client research, inventory, and prior year reporting, as applicable
Relationships & Business Development
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships
- Demonstrates a pervasive knowledge of core agency service offerings/capabilities; Communicates those offerings to current clients and external relationships
- Partners with CEO/ASD/Business Development team to generate new ideas and opportunities for their clients
- Supports ASD with the creation of high level and business development proposals for their clients
- Participates in weekly agency traffic meetings for assigned clients
- Represents agency at community events/functions
- Completes timesheet daily
Warehouse Twenty One is a brand, campaign, and experiential firm. Our group of strategic and creative gurus work in a restored warehouse in the historic West Edge of Cheyenne, Wyoming. We’re inspired by great ideas, motivated by potential, passionate about amazing teamwork, and hate skipping Friday lunches. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, a 401K plan, and a company culture that’s a bit eccentric, a little groovy, and a lot of fun.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Account Strategist” in the subject line. Thank you!