The Brand Writer & Content Strategist at Warehouse Twenty One will have the opportunity to do a variety of work for a broad range of clients – building their skills and flexing their content prowess along the way. Check out our website and see for yourself – as a generalist agency, W21 clients come from all types of industries including gaming, heavy industry, technology, and health, among others. With this assortment of clients the work is varied as well – print, digital, in-store POP, large-scale event booth structures, educational brand pieces, websites, videos, large format graphics, corporate communications – you get the picture, we do it all.
This position will work closely with our clients, the Planning Director, and the Brand Strategist to tell our clients’ brand stories. We are a performance-based organization and so stories will be told in a way that educates our clients’ clients about the uniqueness of their brand and help the customer relate to the brand through social content, website visits, booth experiences, and more. The content must be written in the brand voice — across a variety of different brands and a variety of different types of customers and audiences — in a way that translates to performance and measured results.
We operate in a team-first collaborative environment where attention to detail and quality execution are key. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with multiple clients and write to multiple industries at once. We are a small but fast-paced shop, so work will be varied throughout the day and require jumping from client-to-client and industry-to-industry.
Percentage Allocation of Job Duties
- 70% brand content development
- 20% content strategy
- 10% planning / administrative support
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience as a writer, preferably brand writing, technical writing, and/or journalistic writing.
- Experience working with content organization tools.
- Experience planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Experience writing for corporate communication channels including brochures, presentations, product slicks, websites, social media posts, blogs, emails, press releases, etc.
- Ability to understand customer journeys and how they relate to brand communications.
- Ability to work with a client, listen, and be a brand partner, as they evolve and innovate.
- Ability to tell a brand’s story through taking short bullet points or words given by the client and turning it into an interesting and compelling story or a single line.
- Ability to stay level-headed while under pressure from clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to write in a way that adds some flair when needed to fit the theme of the client.
- Ability to work and collaborate through spreadsheets and other tools for tracking complex campaigns, projects, and assets.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of details for clients.
- Understands the difference between brand standards and brand executions.
- Interested in how assets relate to execution plans and assisting the planning team in planning campaign executions and executing against the plans.
- Enjoy writing technical copy including copy for heavy industry and technology.
- Enjoy listening to and brainstorming with clients to help bring their assets alive in the world.
- Bonus: understanding of SEO and web optimization to inform content creation for web and digital platforms.
- Write across multiple asset types such as brochures, presentations, product slicks, websites, social media posts, blogs, emails, press releases, etc.
- Through research, gain a thorough understanding of the client’s target audience, the industry space in which the client is operating, and trends in the space, in order to inform the content strategy approach.
- Through research, gain a thorough understanding of what campaign assets and corresponding content strategy will best meet client campaign goals.
- Analyze content marketing trends in order to help position client’s ongoing content strategy.
- Actively engage in client discovery sessions to explore client’s goals and their brand position.
- Develop clear and engaging content that strategically positions clients in the marketplace according to their goals.
- Contribute to setting guidelines for client brand voice including tone and style to ensure that content is consistent, engaging, and delivers desired results.
- Write content for client editorial calendar assets to ensure content is thoughtfully planned, consistent across multiple channels, and meets client expectations.
- Revisit content strategies based on campaign data provided by the Planning Director.
- Write content for brand positioning when developing a brand book.
- Write brand content based on or using a brand book as direction setting.
- Organize and create client brand content libraries.
- As needed, select, onboard, and manage freelance technical writing resources to assist with technical writing.
- Take writing done by a freelance technical writer and bring it into brand assets.
- Generate content ideas for clients.
- Participate in campaign asset planning brainstorms.
- Contribute thoughts on the strategic direction of the assets or content to be included in the assets.
- Strategically layout and format client pitch decks, as it relates to content positioning.
- Pitch and strategically defend content strategies to clients.
- Be responsive to fast-paced deadlines and quick turnaround times for client corporate communications needs.
Warehouse Twenty One is a brand, campaign, and experiential firm. We’re inspired by great ideas, motivated by potential, and passionate about amazing teamwork, both internally and with our clients. We offer a remote work setting, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, a 401K plan, and a company culture that’s a bit eccentric, a little groovy, and a lot of fun.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume, writing samples or portfolio, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Brand Writer & Content Strategist” in the subject line. Thank you!