Warehouse Twenty One is looking for a creative unicorn in the form of a Creative Director. For us, a unicorn is someone that has a wide range of skill sets. It represents someone that isnʼt afraid to cross traditional agency lines, has interest in trying new things and expanding their talents, and a wide depth of industry knowledge. Someone who just enjoys being creative and having fun with any outlet theyʼre given to do so. Our definition of creative director might look different than other agencies, but we donʼt care. We donʼt believe in creative directors who take their title way too seriously. We operate on a platform of humility. We have our convictions, and we voice them, but we remain humble and willing to work with the entire team to make the best creative solutions possible for our clients.
Warehouse Twenty One is a brand, campaign, and event firm located in Cheyenne, WY with team members and work partners around the US. We operate in a team-first collaborative environment where attention to detail and quality execution are key. Our creative team handles projects across all of our service lines from Brand to Campaign to Event / Experiential rather than being a niche or subject matter expert in any one type of project. Warehouse offers a hybrid work environment with a physical office space in Cheyenne, Wyoming that employees are welcome to use at any time and/or we also have a number of employees working remotely from wherever they are in the country.
- 8+ years of agency/creative experience
- Advanced/expert level experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Strong design background, knowledge of creative trends, ability to communicate aesthetic choices, and design best practices required
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Experience in crafting campaigns required
- Experience in building brands required
- Experience in concepting/designing trade show booths is a plus
- Experience in video board sketching/script writing/video directing strongly preferred
- Illustration/drawing skills are a plus
- Knowledge of Wix, WordPress, and MailChimp are a plus
- Must provide a portfolio of work that displays the qualifications listed above
Weʼre looking for someone. . .
- that loves the creative process, enjoys branding, campaign concepting, and crafting experiences, all while being organized and good at managing others and clients.
- that loves hunting for the big idea, but also enjoys design.
- that can set visual tone with a well-crafted moodboard, but isnʼt above getting into the thick of things and designing some key assets to communicate art direction to senior designers.
- that can write a TV script and sketch a storyboard, even direct said video.
- with onsite video/photo creative direction experience, video direction experience, can conduct subject interviews for video, and knows how to work with production partners.
- with experience in casting for photo/video and selecting production partners in collaboration with the photo/video director.
- that can manage creative output according to budgets
- that can cross collaborate with different departments such as media and production to make sure that creative executions are within budget
In this role …
- you will be reporting to the executive creative director, but in most cases, you will have the freedom to creatively lead your own projects and work with your own graphic designers/resources.
- you will be managing designers, working alongside our strategy team, communicating with copywriters, and presenting to internal teams and clients.
- you will operate in finding the big idea, big campaign concepting, developing concept sketches, etc, while at times operating in a more traditional “art director” role as well, simply because we donʼt fully delineate between the two.
- you will be setting direction for a new brand, and you very well might be designing the logo.
- you will be giving strategic aesthetic direction for a campaign, and you might also need to design a billboard and poster to help sell that direction to the client and give art directors and senior designers a jumping-off point.
- you will be managing designers (both employees and outsourced partners), providing direction, and giving feedback, all while staying extremely organized
- you will provide direction to set our resource designers up for success in distilling our vision across all of the assets for the project.
- you will be a team player, and will also reach down to help with smaller tasks like a social post or an email when people get too busy.
Remote Workspace: Warehouse asks that remote employees designate a workspace within their individual work location that is suitable for completing necessary duties. This position is best performed if the employee is available by phone, video, email, and chat during designated working times: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Mountain Time. The workspace and equipment should be appropriately safeguarded in order to protect confidential company and client information.
If hired, and planning to work remotely, we may ask the new employee to spend some time on site in Cheyenne, Wyoming for training within the first two months of employment. Occasional travel to Cheyenne, or to one of our clientʼs locations may be required depending on the project/campaign. There are also two mandatory (and fun) events held in Cheyenne each year.
If any of this resonates with you, if you feel that traditional titles and following the status quo of what it means to be a creative director are boring, we invite you to apply! You just might be our unicorn. Check out our website. If this is a place where you can see yourself making an impact, weʼd love to hear from you. Please send your resume, portfolio and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Creative Director” in the subject line.